Wednesday, April 19, 2017

DIY Upcycle Cardboard House

Today I'm going to share with you upcycle project : Build your own cardboard house ! Those who follow my instagram, definitely know I've build one for my girl and she's crazy about it. #cheapfun

It's rather easy to make one but it takes alot of efforts and days for me to complete it ! Firstly, am lucky to be able to pick up a huge box from neighborhood block BUT unfortunate the top sides of the box are removed. You cannot have a house without a roof ! Ended up, I went to ArtFriend to purchase two cardboard for the rooftop. So if you are lucky to find a perfect huge box you can proceed straight !


So follow the picture below, start drawing lines on the box, design like how you want the house to be  & CUT IT or rather cut it agar agar ( roughly ) ! As simple as it sound, but cardboard itself is quite hard to cut. I've broke my craft scissor during the process :p



You'll need :
  • A pair of tough kitchen scissor or pen knife
  • Huge box especially those for washing machine or fridge
  • Masking tape
  • Contact paper/paint/fairy light ( optional )





During the process of drawing ! Cora was so excited about mama building her a house ! 


After building, look at this cheeky girl ! Playing non-stop peek-a-boo with me 



If you think you have alittle extra to spend on this cardboard house, you can either paint it or just get contact paper and start sticking it to make the house more beautiful ! * look at those tiny hands*



 Fixing some inner flaws ! Like uneven edge that might be too rough for the kid to play with so just masking tape it :D



& tada tada, I've build finish the house (: Put a blanket inside so Cora can lay down like her own comfort of home ! Also put some fairy light to make it more pretty.  

Sometimes, I find Cora has a better life than me ! At the age of 2, she have her own ' house' & kitchen when the parents ( papa & mama) are still waiting for our own bto to come :/

Have fun building up your cardboard house ! Would love to see your creation for the kids (:

Yours truly,
Larissa

No comments:

Post a Comment